19 Mar 2020

Random Poetry Line Generators


In updating the main  Poets Online website, I was reminded of two pages from 1999. They were poetry random line generators that I had created and used as a prompt.

Both pages will generate a random line that can be used to start a poem or just give you an idea for a poem based on the line. You could even generate multiple lines and try putting them together as a poem.

The idea is that it will generate a line that you would not have thought of, and because there is randomness in the process, you will get some interesting combinations of words and phrases.

I like this one that came up for me today "After the rain of our imagination, young lovers sing."

The pages are still online, so give them a try if you need a jumpstart.







from Poets Online blog https://ift.tt/2UhuW0R

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cento

street wall collage   -   Photo:PxHere The cento is a poetry form that I used with students but that I haven't used myself o...